Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Grant Writing: An (Unglamorous) Necessity

To date, Patrick and I have met several people to discuss various aspects of the project. We've met Ken Baierl, Director of Communications and Marketing; Jim Yocom, Director of Media and Events; Susan O'Brian and Calvin Manns of the Recycling Center, and several IUSB faculty members.

In addition, last week I met Cheryl Schade, Director of Adult Services at the Logan Center. We had a great conversation discussing the possibility of forming a partnership with the project. And she had some really good ideas on reusing plastic bags! In the meantime, however, I must be patient--my goal is to secure a partnership with the Logan Center because this project depends on establishing solid relationships with the community. So please cross your fingers for me!

In other news, Patrick and I have been diligently writing grant proposals. Though necessary, grant writing is an unglamorous task. (I actually considered taking a photo of me writing, but the idea of taking an "action" shot of me writing sounds, well, silly!)

To be honest, it's really not that bad. In fact, writing grant proposals can be quite *enjoyable*--just ask Patrick-- somehow, I've managed to refine his geek skills. Now, Patrick spends his Friday nights working on his grant proposal. Woo Hoo!!

No comments: