Thursday, March 22, 2007

Homework Tutoring with Amanda

Yesterday, I went to the library to help Amanda from the Riverbend Math Community Center with tutoring math. I wasn't sure what to expect (and was pretty nervous about tutoring anyone in math)! But, it was actually a great time. I spent some time with two students, both 7th graders. One student and I worked on adding and subtracting positive and negative integers, the other student and I worked on some geometry. In both instances, it was a great experience because I got to help some kids who were having trouble with math and when I was in middle school I also stuggled a bit with math. It was really nice, I feel the kids and I were able to relate after I explained that I had similiar problems at their age. I remember being that age, and sometimes you think you're the only one having trouble. Something else that was interesting were the two other students both working on probability, and I thought wow, I just learned that in stats recently! We never stop learning at any age so... they learned-I learned, and it was a good time!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LaTasha,

I'm so glad to hear you had a great time working with Amanda yesterday. Sounds like the kids benefited from your help, too!

Keep up the good work (and fun)!

:0) M