Saturday, March 24, 2007

Riverbend Math, Origami

I went downtown to the library to help Amanda for the Riverbend math session. Walking into the building I was nervous that I wouldn't be of much use. I don't trust myself to teach or tutor anyone over the age of 8 in math and I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to help out very well. It turned out to be a great time! I helped teach both kids and adults to create origami pinwheels which was a great project for the kids to work on and a few of the moms got really into it as well!! I had a blast and learned how to make some pretty neat projects..good for any college kid on a budget to know when it comes to having to give presents to other people!!! What was really exciting for me was to see how excited the kids were when they had a complete project! It was a good way to start out my Saturday...yes 11:30 is relatively early on a Saturday morning for me but this began my day on a positive note and I hope to be able to help out again sometime soon.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You got me smiling, Amelia. Great work!! And knowing your creative spirit, I'm so glad that you were able to make pinwheels and teach math at the same time. That's fabulous! If you still have any pinwheels, I'd love to see one in class this week.

:0) M