Monday, May 21, 2007

The Best Book

On Saturday I met with a local photographer who is the photographer for the phone book "The Best Book". He had recently moved from Colorado and we were discussing some of the major differences between South Bend and there. On of the topics that came up was recycling. He hadn't went into any great detail about how their recycling system worked but the main idea was it was efficient & everyone did it. We later began talking about how how many phone books people accumulate. I was astonished to learn that The Best Book is 99% NON-RECYCABLE. I would be interested in knowing if these other phone books that I have laying around are recycable? If not, I wonder what procedures we could go through to help make that change?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What?!? A phonebook that's not recyclable? I'm shocked. Really, this is news to me.

I always thought phonebooks were recyclable. I'll have to look into this topic for more information.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Amanda!

:0)
M